(888) 627 1131


You Should Be Alarmed By The Health Risks Of Having Mold In Your House!

You Should Be Alarmed By The Health Risks Of Having Mold In Your House!


When you live in a house, one of the things you often need to worry about is the presence of mold in wet areas. For most people, mold does not represent any real threat; it’s usually seen as something that only makes a room smell funny and that’s it. However, this is not the case. Mold is a problem that has health implications, and this is why you need to always try and get rid of it as much as you can.

What are some of the diseases it is responsible for?

Mold is responsible for a number of diseases, the commonest of which is lung disease. It causes a condition that is similar to pneumonia. This normally presents as inability to breathe properly, as well as having painful breathing one may also feel pain when breathing due to inflammation.

In addition to that, the mold spores can also induce a reaction in the lungs, which lead to an asthma attack. This is especially so in the case of people who have a history of asthma.

It is also important to note that exposure to some of the spores from mold can also result in pneumonia and meningitis in people with a depressed immune system, such as those who are on cancer drugs or people who have recently received transplants. In the latter case, the patients are normally given drugs to suppress their immunity so that the transplant is not rejected. This, however, puts them at risk of getting infected by molds very easily.

Why should one be wary of such conditions?

Most other causes of pneumonia are easily treated. However, that which is caused by mold is not very easy to treat. In fact, most patients often have to take drugs for months in order for the infection to clear. Even then, the prognosis is not as good as with bacterial pneumonia.

What can be done to prevent this?

The only thing that can be done to prevent such problems is avoiding exposure to such spores at all times. If you have a basement that smells musty, for instance, you may need to get a professional mold remover to come and clean the mold out. This is a process that needs skilled hands since molds are very stubborn to remove otherwise. In addition to that, you are likely to end up being unwell if you are exposed to the molds in the process of cleaning.

It is important to note that there are some molds that are known to cause a lot of harm in terms of health. It is therefore important for all home owners to always be on the lookout for these, through regular checking for molds by professionals. This is a service that is not likely to be very expensive. However, it’s a good idea to get it done since it saves you the hassle of having to pay for medical care due to the problems above. In most cases, this is a lot more expensive than the cost of professional mold removal.